Challenges in food safety in a dynamic world. How to manage them?
26 to 28 September 2023, Webinar
The Latin American Subcommission (LAS) of the ICMSF webinar presented the advances and challenges in the management of safety hazards and risks of food safety. The webinar was held with the support of the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA).
- Utility of gene-based data in microbiological risk assessment and risk management
- Managing hazards and risks in novel types of ingredients and foods
- Food safety challenges cause by (re-)emerging hazards
- Managing L. monocytogenes through testing and microbiological criteria
- Opportunities provided by big data and related technologies to improve food safety – food security and sustainability of food production
- The need for systems thinking to address challenges in assuring food safety – food security and sustainability of food production
Event background information
The webinar provides a unique opportunity for knowledge exchange and networking among professionals from academia, government agencies, and the food and supplies industries. The event was held free of charge and streamed via Zoom in both English and Spanish.
For more information about the event, visit the webinar website.